The field plays host to baseball, football, soccer and Track & Field, providing a full-service athletic home for the Capital Region's special needs-athletes. Jaime M. Adams Field provides the safety features and amenities which all special-needs athletes, family members and volunteers deserve.
- Jaime M. Adams Field Officially opened on May 16, 2009 with a ceremony led by Burke Adams and special guest, Hall of Famer Orlando Cepeda.
- Jaime M. Adams Field is the first multi-purpose special needs athletic facility in the United States to offer baseball, football, soccer and track and field.
- Jaime M. Adams Field was designed to easily accommodate special needs athletes with wheelchairs, walkers and other physically assistive devices.
- Jaime M. Adams Field was constructed out of special materials to ensure the health and wellbeing off all athletes, coaches and volunteers.
- Jaime M. Adams Field features covered dugouts to provide shade and shelter from the rain.
- The Capital Region Miracle League is working to construct a clubhouse with handicap accessible bathrooms, concessions, storage and a press box.
- The League also plans to install lights for night games.
- For easier access, the League also plans to pave the parking lot.
- A playground and family pavilion will also be constructed.
Board of Directors
Burke T. Adams, Founder, President & Parent of Special Needs Athlete
Burke has worked to provide athletic and social opportunities to the special needs community since 1993. His dedication led him to found the first Special Needs Pop Warner Flag Football program and the first NFL-affiliated Special Needs Football Program. He began the push to establish the Capital Region Miracle League in 1999. Burke attended Albany Business College after graduating from Cardinal McClosky High School. He is retired from his position as a Supervisor Computer Operator with NYS.
Daniel B. Adams, Trustee
Dan is in charge of the legal aspects of the East Greenbush Miracle League, Inc. Dan received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics and Philosophy from Boston College in 2000, his Juris Doctor degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2004 and his Master in Business Administration degree from Harvard Business School in 2004. He was admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in 2004.
Linda J. Baker, Secretary & Parent of Special Needs Athlete
Linda is a driving force behind the League’s ability to offer athletic and social opportunities on a regular basis. Linda received her Associate of Science degree in Criminal Justice from HVCC in1998 and her Bachelor of Science degree in Community and Human Services from SUNY Empire State College in 2012. She is currently employed as a Health Program Administrator with the NYS Department of Health.
Brendan S. Casey, Board Member
Brendan manages the Capital Region Miracle League’s marketing and communications efforts. Brendan received his Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Villanova University in 2001 and his Master of Arts degree in English from the University of Albany in 2003. He currently holds the position of Vice President at MB&A Communications in Schenectady, NY.
James F. Moore, Vice President & Trustee
Jim leads the planning and design efforts for the East Greenbush Miracle League, Inc. Jim is a registered architect and certified planner. He received his Master of Architecture and Bachelor of Professional Studies degrees from the University at Buffalo and earned an AAS in Civil Engineering Technology from Hudson Valley Community College.
James S. Washock, Vice President & Parent of Special Needs Athlete
Jim has been with the League for over 14 years, directing the baseball program and coaching football. He is also responsible for community outreach and fund raising. James is a US Navy Seabees veteran with over 25 years of honorable service. Jim is retired from BASF, Callanan Industries, Inc. and Local 106.