Since 1972, we have been producing high-quality, Biodynamic® and organic foods while providing farm-based learning experiences for children and adults. Our 700-acre Demeter certified 650A Biodynamic® farm includes dairy cows, vegetables, a creamery, an organic bakery, a sauerkraut cellar, and more. Our Farm Store is a full-line natural foods store open 7 days a week.
Our work revolves around cultivating relationships: with the earth, our surrounding communities and landscape, and with one another. The times are calling for a new form of agriculture – Agriculture 3.0 – that requires a radically enlarged context of sound farming principles, new economic forms and parameters, and renewed recognition of the role of agriculture and agriculturists in our culture and society.
The farm includes:
- A 60-cow dairy herd which supplies milk to the Creamery
- 10 acres of vegetables which support a 300-member CSA
- The 2-acre Corner Garden which provides produce for departments and programs across campus
- 20 pigs who eat the “waste” whey from the Creamery
- 40 chickens that provide eggs for the On-Farm Learning programs
The six full-time farmers and eight apprentices work hard year-round to tend the plants and animals of the farm, in addition to monitoring the health of the whole farm organism.